Thursday, February 28, 2008

No baking, just the bitching

So, I went to Weight Watchers tonight. I haven't been feeling the motivation at all, not for at least two months. And it shows. I had been going with two women from work, who both told me that they are pregnant, both of them! So, back to my Thursday night meeting at the East Lake YMCA. It's a great meeting actually. It's like going to church, the leader Melba actually starts preaching at some points. True, she's preaching Weight Watchers, but it is fun watching her.

Anyway, Melba was going around the room, getting people to respond to her lecture. She asked a man in the back, "what good habit do you need to take up?". His response has had me thinking ever since. So simple, so necessary. "Stop sayin' what you are gonna do and Do what you're gonna do".

It's true. I get so frustrated seeing people make bad decisions day in and day out, and here I am, doing it myself, three, four, five times a day. I know for sure I will always want to eat good food, I will always want to eat too much too, but boy am I sick of dieting. I am sick of paying for something I am not doing. I am sick of thinking about it. Just tired, too tired. But I know I am going to keep doing it too, the alternative is too depressing. I cannot give up, I think that would be admitting failure. I just cannot do it. I am too stubborn.

So, this weekend I will be baking the pizza bianca, and inputting the recipe into the Weight Watchers points plan to see what it will cost me. And somehow maybe I will figure out how to make what I love to do fit in with what I have to do.

Now off to bed before I pour that bowl of cereal!

No comments: